Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our Bundle of Joy

Brett took this when they were cleaning her up. She likes her feet
up on her chest. They say its a breach baby thing!
She has her daddy's feet!! She likes to hold
onto things with those toes!!
Brett in his cute PT uniform! I think he is wrapped already!

We were both very exhausted and passed out!

Our sleeping princess

This is the day we came home! She looks just
like her daddy not me!

This is her in her car seat going home! She did really well on the drive
and her daddy drove very carefully I was impressed!

Daddy and Madi hanging out watching TV.


We are very happy to announce the birth of our beautiful baby girl Madison Nikole on March 20, 2008! She was a healthy 6 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long! She is a spitting image of her daddy but very feminine looking! I always knew she would be a handful like me and she made that clear by not wanting to turn around and come out the right way. She wanted to say hello to the world butt first! I was having contractions for probably 2 to 3 hours before I called my mom to come over and bring me to the hospital which was about 7:30pm. I called Brett at school told him not to leave just yet because we didn't know if I was in active labor or not. Well about 2 hours later I called Brett and told him to come to the hospital he was going to be a daddy! It took him about 20 minutes at the most to get there food in hand because we figured it was going to be a long night. By the time he got there the doctor had broken my water and determined that Madison was breach and we would have to have a C-Section immediately. I called Brett frantically and thank heavens he was already walking through the hospital. Brett walked into the room and they handed him this cute blue jump suit and before we knew it I was on the operating table! They ended up having to knock me all the way out because I had a dead spot on my right side and they couldn't get it to go numb!! I don't remember anything after that! Next thing I knew I had Madison in my arms. She was born at 10:05pm. Brett got to watch them pull her out of my belly butt first and took pictures! So now he can say he loves my guts literally!! We were in the hospital from Thursday night until Monday morning. It has been a fun road to recovery and I am very very grateful Brett was able to take all of last week off. He is the cutest dad you have ever seen!! She definitely has him wrapped around her tiny little fingers!! She is such a good baby! She sleeps at least 3 to 4 hours and only wakes up at nights to eat. She sometimes thinks that she can stay up all night and that's not fun for me but she is still getting used to life. We are both so very thankful to have her it took us forever to get her but it was worth the wait I couldn't ask for a better husband or a better daughter.

6 comments:

Lucy Wall said...

yah!!! you figured out how to put pictures up!!! I am so excited you are blogging now...we have to get desi to do it!!

traci miller said...

jenny she is so precious! i want you to send her down here fed ex! i so love her little curly hair! i miss you!

Sidni Nielson said...

Your wee one is so cute. How fun. It seems like just yesterday I found out you were prego! Congrats. I'll keep checking out your blog for more cute pictures.

Brittany88 said...

Hey Brett and Jenny! Congrats on the Babay :) I hopefully will be gettin a car soon and then I will be able to visit you guys before my niece gets too big!! I love you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
Brittany

Ryan Reeves said...

Congratulations guys! Madison is beautiful! She might even rival my girls.
I can't wait to see her! Hopefully we can all get together in Michigan at the end of this summer.
-Ryan

Roylance Fam said...

I love you. and Madi. That is all. :)