Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are we done yet!?!?

So Madi was helping me make french toast the other morning and I ran to get Wes really fast and told Madi to not touch anything. Well I came back to this! I had to just start laughing it was so funny! She kept telling me it needed more eggs and I kept telling her it didn't so she took matters into her own hands! lol!

Madi had a nice hospital visit this week.....  She had Pneumonia..... So exciting.... She was in for 2 nights and 2 1/2 days...  They gave her a blanket and that cute little flower doggy!

She was on oxygen pretty much the whole time. We finally got her off of it the last night there.

We finally got her up and moving and they had this little play room so she went and played for a little while until her oxygen went down again then we had to go back to the room and be hooked back up to the oxygen machine...

Hey you have to make the best out of the hospital trip so here is a tent for Madi!!

They gave her lots of play dough and she wanted to sit on the ground and play with it. Daddy's shoes got decorated too!

Lounging on daddy watching some tv!
No really is this month over yet because I am over all the sickness and hospital visits! I took Madi into the doctor Friday because she was only breathing out of her tummy. They said she had pneumonia and to get the antibiotics in her quickly they gave her shots right there in the office and gave me some antibiotics to start giving her. The doctor still felt like something was off but after getting a second opinion she felt it was okay to send us home but to call immediately if there are any concerns. She seemed to be doing okay just really exhausted and started getting lethargic so Monday morning Brett and I decided she needed to go in so I took Weston in the same time because he was starting to cough really bad too. So I had my mom meet me there since it is right by her house because I had a feeling I was going to be needing her arms. Well thank heavens she was there! Madi's oxygen was at 86% which anything below 90% is not good. So they started her on a breathing treatment which she was kicking and screaming and trying to hit the nurses and everything because she was so scared of it! But once it was on she didn't mind at all. So while she was hooked up to a breathing treatment they checked out Weston and decided that they needed to put him on a breathing treatment as well. So my mom held one kid while I held the other both having breathing treatments. After Madison's treatment her oxygen went down to 81% which is not very usual and then it wouldn't go up. So they hooked her up to an oxygen tank there in the office and you could just see the difference in her face she started to pink up and everything. So the doctors told me that we needed to bring her to the hospital. I just sat there and stared at him hoping he was kidding but he wasn't.... Weston sounded a little better after the treatment so they decided to start him on antibiotics immediately so that he wouldn't get as bad as her. I called Brett told him to meet me at the hospital and that he needed to get us registered because I had strict instructions to go right to the pediatrics and get her in a room. The doctor called ahead so as soon as we got there they knew who we were and had a room ready for us. Madi didn't flinch when they put the IV in which totally surprised us all! She was on a good amount of oxygen the first day and a half then they slowly weaned her off. She responded well to the medication there and they got her hydrated and everything. Before we were able to leave we had to make sure she was eating and drinking enough to sustain her since she was not eating or drinking before we got there. So we finally coaxed her into eating and drinking enough so we finally were released! YAY! Now we are home and Madi is a ton better Weston feels like crap which is no fun and Brett and I are both sick with bad head colds and can barely keep our eyes open because we feel like crap too! Isn't life so exciting sometimes! I am thankful that Madi was not sicker then she was though and that we all just have these nasty colds. Its times like these though I want to duplicate myself so my house can get some what cleaned and both my kids could be held and cuddled at the same time like they constantly want and then one more of me to feed me and the kids lol! (Desi and Amber if you didn't have babies I would let you come pamper me!lol!) Hopefully this is it for hospital trips for the year! The good news is is that we met our insurance deductible for the year and its only January 27! Don't you wish you were us!? lol! Oh dear I think the sleep deprivation is getting to me I'm going to go now!

2 comments:

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

sorry to hear about all the hospital visits! Scary! I'm glad the kiddos are better and hopefully you and Brett will be better soon too!

Mayce and Ethan said...

Oh that sounds so horrible. I'm glad they are both ok though. You are lucky you have family near by to help you.